Sunday, February 24, 2013

Panama trip preamble

It is now 2 days before we head out to Panama for a 3 week adventure. And this is my first post from the iPad, which is what I will be using for my daily posts while there. Even though there is wireless access almost everywhere you visit, I plan to try and get a micro-sim card for the iPad from one of the wireless carriers serving Panama. With that I'll have Internet access most everywhere we travel. I'll be updating the blog has to how that worked out later.

I also just obtained an unlock code for my old Blackberry Bold smartphone. Unlocking the phone was easy, so I plan on getting a SIM card from a phone carrier in Panama as well so we'll have mobile capability. I'll explain later how that turned out as well.

We are almost packed, and looking forward to this adventure with uneasiness. Spending three weeks in a country where we hardly speak the language makes us a little nervous, but from our previous trip there, we found out that the language barrier was not that much of a problem. And as long as we can avoid getting sick , or mugged, then I think this will be one adventure we'll look back on years from now with fondness.



No comments:

Post a Comment