When Jan and I were in Costa Rica a couple of weeks ago, we thought we would stop by a food vendor on the street and try a Mango. I very politely asked the lady if these were mangos on her cart, but since she knew very little English, she waved to a man sitting nearby. I asked him if these were mangos, and he laughed and said "no, oranges". To be fair, these fruits were green, not orange like I am used to. As we left I could see him laughing politely at the gringos.
Now that we are in Panama, we stopped at a mercado and bought a pineapple, and a mango. Of course I had to ask, "where are your mangos por favor?" I felt that this way I wouldn't look so green in the gills.............
Later today we are going to slice this deliciously fresh fruit up and have a treat. Being sunday most all establishments are closed, so these may be our meals for today.

No comments:
Post a Comment